It's Where I Run

WELCOME!

Chances are you are here because you were either:

a. A Pied Piper for the 2009 Nike+ 10K Human Race OR
b. You decided post-race that you wanted to share in the Pied Piper passion moving forward OR
c. You are ready to make a change for yourself

No matter who you are or how you got here - WELCOME!

My name is Sarah Kay Hoffman. I was the Pied Piper Team Leader for the 2009 Nike+ 10K Human Race, and now I am just someone who isn't ready to let that spirit die or the passion fade! If you are not familiar with who I am, I will share much more about myself in an upcoming posting.

Photobucket

So what exactly is "It's Where I Run?"

I have connected with so many people worldwide in the past few months with the Nike Human Race. For me, the experience was incredible. It was amazing to see how different we all are & how diverse a group we were. Yet, we all had two things in common: Passion & Running. I was well aware of the running routes I would do daily. I was even well aware of some running routes others did. But 99% of the routes people did, I could not even imagine!

And so I wondered, "What if I had to go to Connecticut for a weekend? Where would I run? What would I see? What would be the most fun route?" And so on and so on - so many things came in and out of my head.

I thus fell onto the idea, "It's Where I Run." Running will virtually connect us all because running and our passion for health/fitness will connect us all, no matter where in the world we are. We can build an online, virtual community where we share our runs with each other and build a database of runs so that if and when I go to Connecticut (or anywhere else in the world for that matter) for a weekend I can come here and find a run and/or runs that others have done in Connecticut.

My hope is that each person's run I "feature" on my Blog, will contain some, most or all of the following:
  • The actual running route
  • Approximate or exact distance
  • Country, state, city, location of where this run is
  • Pictures of the route - taken while you are running
  • Time of the year
  • Climate
  • Recommendation (s) for route - thumbs up, thumbs down, indifferent, etc.?
  • Suggestion (s) (ex. Not suggested after dark, watch out for deer)
  • Tips
  • Anything else you think is relevant and/or facts about the place/fun things, etc.
  • Pictures - to capture the "setting." (Pictures tell stories!)
Finally, this will be a place for INSPIRATION, MOTIVATION and DEDICATION! If you were a Pied Piper, you know that I believe those three words day-in and day-out.

I will set up Nike+ Challenges to get us moving, keep us going and ensure we stay inspired - motivated - dedicated!

I have three keys to success: "One, work hard. Two, be your own person. And three, have a passion for what you're doing."

WELCOME!
0 Responses